Would you like to add unique beauty to your home or surprise a loved one with the gift of art? Here are some examples of the custom work I can create for you.
I would love to hear about your project idea. Please contact: ElizStarlight[at]gmail[dot]com
Poetry & Art
“If you have ever experienced the feeling of having so much to say to someone and not been able to put it into words… If you have ever cared so much and so deeply about a friend or one of your family members, but not known how to tell them…I highly, highly recommend you hire Elizabeth Starlight to write a poem for you to express yourself.Laurie Anspach, 2010, upon receiving her custom poem and illustration for her sister
I hired Elizabeth to write a poem for me that I would give to my youngest sister. I have such deep admiration for my baby sister and I shared it with Elizabeth and asked her to capture it in a poem. She did just that. She took over 40 years of love and admiration for my wonderful sister and put it into a poem with the perfect illustration. This will be my gift to my sister for Xmas. I cannot think of any better gift.
Elizabeth has a talent with words and images that is simply magnificent. She is a composer in the most aesthetic way because she composes concepts into a written symphony that is so light, so joyful, so precisely put together, that you want to read it over and over just for the pleasure of it.”
Having your artwork in the digital medium is valuable in many ways!
- You’ll never worry about your painting getting lost or ruined, as it can always be printed again.
- Print instantly at home or email it to your favorite print shop.
- Give your artwork as gifts to family and friends.
- Make high-quality framed prints, cards, wall art and more keepsakes with online printers such as mpix.com.
- Print large or small, as many times as you like.
- Old family photos can be scanned into the computer, sent to me and turned into a masterpiece to be cherished for generations.
Commissioning a portrait is fun and easy!
Send me your photo and I will transform it into a unique and beautiful digital-oil painting to be cherished for generations.
I apply my background as a traditional oil painter to hand-paint every detail with my pressure-sensitive pen and Wacom tablet, iMac and Corel Painter, which I love for its freedom of expression and color choices.
My goal is to work with you to deliver a unique painting for your family to cherish for years to come. The portraits can be of any subject—families, pets, children, houses, favorite places or treasured possessions, and can celebrate any special event, including weddings, birthdays, graduations—you name it!
My commissioned portraits are digital-oil creations based on photos you supply or photos submitted to me by photographers for their clients. Just about any photo will work, as long as you have the photographer’s permission for copyrighted photos. Working with the photo, I hand-paint every brushstroke using Corel Painter and a Wacom tablet and stylus. There are no tricks applied to your photo to get the look of my paintings—each one is painted with the same skill, talent and time that would go into a traditional painting.
With my lifelong background in traditional oils, and using Corel Painter since 2008, I can paint any style and any color scheme to fit any decor. Please see my examples and feel free to discuss how you’d like your commissioned painting to look. I welcome your feedback throughout the creative process.
Once you receive the high-resolution file it can be printed at home or at your local print shop, or I can print and ship it for you. If your portrait ever becomes damaged, it’s easy to print the digital file again, an added benefit of the digital medium.
Celebrate your loved ones with a beautiful digital painting! Simply send me a photo that touches your heart and I will hand-paint a digital art masterpiece.
This is amazing!!!!!! Thank you so much for the painting of my Dart!!!!
I love it soooooooo much!!!!!
Nicole Poulin, mother from FL, 2016
Portrait Prices: (includes abstract painted background)
- $145 – Head/shoulders portrait. $75 per additional subject (person or pet).
- $175 – Half to Full body portrait. May include a prop based on photo. $95 per additional subject (person or pet).
Simply send me your favorite high-quality photo to get started! Email Elizabeth at ElizStarlight[at]gmail[dot]com
You will receive a High Resolution digital painting (.jpeg and PDF file) which will be emailed to you at size 15×15 or 16×20. Print in any size, large or small, as often as you like to give as keepsakes to family and friends. You can email the file to your favorite print shop (mpix.com, Fedex Office or Costco are great). There is NO physical product shipped. Please inquire about my fine art printing services if desired.
Words can’t describe how amazing this is to me!!! I was so shocked, my husband kept it a secret : ) : ) This makes me so happy.
–Gillian Brown, mother from Scotland
Photography by Matt Brown Photography.
Custom Portraits & Multiple Photos
Another portrait option is using multiple photos to create a custom portrait “from scratch”, where much more time and detail goes into creating the facial expressions, poses, clothing, etc., of the subjects.
For example, you may have a special theme for the project, or it may be that your desired photo is very low quality and will require multiple photos for me to paint the desired facial expression and pose. If I cannot make out enough facial detail in a photo, I will request additional photos so I can better capture eye color, etc.
Every project is different, so please let me know what you have in mind!
“I absolutely love it!!! Thank you so much!! My brother absolutely freaked out and LOVES it!! He said it’s the best gift he’s ever gotten! I couldn’t thank you enough. It is absolutely perfect!”Brenna Berney, from OR, 2016
Creating a special portrait to fit your vision is a very fun and collaborative process where anything is possible!
Price for portrait using multiple photos: Varies per project. Please inquire about a custom quote.
How It Works:
1. Please send me your inquiry and photo at “ElizStarlight[at]gmail[dot]com”.
2. The best photos are ones that touch your heart and are high-quality (good lighting, large enough to see facial detail).
3. Let me know if you have an abstract background color preference (more colorful/artsy? Or neutral/earthy?)
4. Once you have purchased the order and I receive confirmation, I will get started on your painting. Please allow 5 to 14 business days for delivery, depending on the complexity of the portrait.
5. I will email you a lower resolution proof for your approval. I am happy to make minimal revisions free of charge for the first two proofs.
6. Once you confirm the proof, I will send it as a high-quality 300 dpi digital .jpeg and PDF format to your email.
Refund Policy: No refund will be issued after the final photo is sent, as it is a digital file. However, if you are unsatisfied in any way please contact me and I will do my best to resolve the issue with you.
©2020 Elizabeth Starlight. All works digitally hand-painted by me and may not be sold to others.